Position: Disability Support Worker
About the role
As the successful applicant, the Disability Support Worker will assist participants with their day-to-day activities.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Delivering direct and comprehensive personal care to clients within the home or group home settings.
- Accepting accountability for the employee’s own standards of nursing care and service delivery
- Connecting and linking people in the community with local activities and recreational interests
- Supporting participants with daily living skills such as shopping, cooking, travel, training
- Performing tasks in relation to domestic assistance (e.g. mopping, vacuuming, gardening, feeding pets)
- Providing meal assistance and meal preparation
- Medication prompting, assistance, monitoring, and management
- Assisting with showering, dressing, and personal care-related tasks with the use of manual handling aids if appropriate
- Basic tasks that may include booking appointments, assisting with shopping, paying bills, liaising with the service coordinator
- Accompany social groups and other activities if required
- Any other duties that Nova may assign to you for assisting the participant.
- Contribute to the review of the Client’s care plan
- Complete all documentation as required
- Providing support, direction, and education to newer or less experienced staff.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
- Australian working right
- Current First Aid & CPR certifications
- Current Australian driver’s license
- Understanding of the NDIS & commitment to its principles
- Proficient, clear, and effective written & verbal English communication skills.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume through Nova Community Care website.
We look forward to hearing from you!